Magento Solutions Specialist Exam Study Guide
Magento Solutions Specialist Exam Study Guide
Welcome to the Certified Magento Solutions Specialist Pass Guide – M70-401
A Magento Solutions Specialist is an expert user of the Magento ecommerce platform. Drawing on a deep background in business and ecommerce, the Magento Solutions Specialist can efficiently align business objectives with Magento functionality, optimize use of native features, and avoid unnecessary customization. Whether as a merchant, a manager, a consultant, or an analyst, the Magento Solutions Specialist knows how to make the best use of Magento technology. To pass the exam you need to have pretty good knowledge in all areas, even in those you’ve never or rarely used in practice.
Please click on the links to view the posts and answers for each sample question. As more information is populated I will update each question. Yes, even if it doesn’t look like it, all the questions are links to the solutions. This Guide is for Magento 1, Magento 2 is to come at a later date.
Section 1: eCommerce
- What is the difference between omni-channel and multichannel retailing?
- How can you setup a product catalog for best search results, taking into account issues of duplicate content, meta content, meta title, keyword search terms in product description, attribute weight, and so on?
- What is a canonical link element?
- What “social merchandising” techniques and tools are used in eCommerce?
- What is the process for getting a site certified as PCI-compliant?
- What are best practices for protecting eCommerce user data?
- What are the best usability practices when building an online catalog and checkout system?
- What are the main characteristics of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies?
- What are SMART requirements?
Section 2: Magento Architecture
- What are the unique advantages of Magento MVC architecture when building a site?
- What are the two methods available in the Magento Admin (in the System section) to change the design of a site?
- How can you change the layout of catalog pages using Magento Admin functionality?
- How is product data constructed in Magento (product attributes, inventory, price, image, etc.?)
- When does product inventory change (decrease) during the ordering process? How can an administrator control the inventory change?
- What is RMA in Magento and what are the RMA types?
- What are the required attributes for creating a CMS page using Magento Admin functionality?
- What is the process for creating a product, and what catalog data is used in this process?
- How is the price defined for a product and what methods are available for changing product price using Magento Admin functionality?
- What are the main differences in Magento indexing between Magento Community Edition 1.8 and EE 1.13?
- What marketing and merchandising features are available only in Magento EE?
- What payment methods and payment functionality are available only in Magento Enterprise Edition?
Section Three: Elements of a Magento eCommerce Site
- What are the different product types in Magento EE?
- What is the product “Attribute Set” used for in Magento? Can you have different product types using the same attribute set?
- What is the process of creating layered navigation (including category creation and attributes, product attribute types, and product-category associations)?
- What are the different ways in which an Admin user can update product inventory?
- How can you display associated products in the cart and on the product page?
- Can a customer submit a JPG image with a product review?
- How can you display a telephone number in a page footer using Admin functionality.
- Which Magento feature can be used to display different content (example: CMS banner) depending on customer type group?
- How can you create a product discount to have it automatically added in the shopping cart?
- What are the different product or order price discount options available in the shopping cart in Magento EE?
- Can guest customers place orders?
- Can customers ship products to multiple different addresses using native Magento functionality?
- How can a customer register an account when placing an order?
- Can shopping cart products be shared among different websites?
- What are the different shopping cart promotion types and how can shoppers apply them as discounts?
- How does the persistent shopping cart option work in Magento?
- Does Magento EE functionality allow merchants to contact shoppers about their abandoned shopping carts?
- What are the different payment types available in Magento EE v 1.13?
- What is Magento Secure Payment Bridge?
- Does Magento save credit card numbers in the database when the Authorize.net payment method used?
- For what product types can the Magento recurring profile be enabled?
- Where can the PayPal express payment be used on a Magento site (on which pages)
- What is the difference between the Authorize Only and Authorize and Capture payment actions?
- Can a storefront customer select a delivery date when placing an order with the table rates shipping option?
- What shipping methods are available natively in Magento EE?
- What shipping option attributes are available for a customer placing an order?
- How is the shipping cost calculated for the DHL and table rates methods?
- How can a customer account password be changed by a customer or an Admin user?
- Can customers share their wishlists with friends?
- Can a customer print an order invoice from the My Account section?
- What product types do not require any shipping cost?
- Can a customer apply a coupon on the order review page?
- Is it possible to change product qty during checkout, on the order review page?
- What is a gift certificate, and how can it be used?
- When an order is saved in the Magento database, what triggers a confirmation email to a customer who pays using PayPal express? (logging into the PayPal account? Click the checkout button? Clicking the purchase button?)
- When editing a pending order, what order data can be changed?
- What are the different order statuses available in Magento and how can they be managed by a store owner?
- What are the different methods of creating an order in Magento?
- Does Magento native logic allow for partial shipment or partial payment of an order, and if so, what are the conditions for using this functionality?
- How are cookies used in Magento?
- What customer’s data is saved in cookies, and how is it used in the storefront using Magento native functionality?
- What are the three major security features in native Magento EE v1.13?
- What is the data encryption, hashing key management method used in Magento EE 1.13?
- What are the two ways of installing an extension in Magento?
- How can a Magento Admin user disable an extension using Admin functionality?
- Does the layout change of a category page from one column to three columns require a customization?
- Which of the following changes requires a code customization?
- Does creating a product price attribute require a customization or can this be achieved using native Magento functionality?
- Could you create a “How did you hear about us?” customer attribute to collect customer data during purchase and export it to a CSV file using Magento native functionality, or would that require a code customization?
- How can customer groups be used in assigning discounts?
- What are the differences between customer segments and customer groups?
- Using Magento EE native functionality, how could you display a personalized banner targeted to customers who match specific conditions?
- How can product attributes be used when creating shopping cart discounts?
- How is shopping cart coupon use tracked with Magento native logic?
- What are the three common methods of creating product price discounts?
- How could you create a product price discount and display a related “on sale” banner on listing pages using Magento EE functionality?
- What customer and product data can be imported and exported using Magento native logic?
- What is the process of creating a product in Magento using product import functionality?
- What product types can be created in Magento Enterprise using product import functionality?
- Can you add an image to a product using Magento product import functionality?
Section 4: Application of Knowledge to Business Goals
- A customer wants to display a CMS block on category pages. What would be the most efficient way to implement that?
- Given a merchant’s need to have a Magento EE deployment certified against PC standards, what payment method(s) would you recommend as the easiest technical solution to satisfy PCI requirements?
- A customer wants the ability to preview product information pages in the production environment before making them live. What Magento EE module would you recommend to satisfy this need?
Sample Questions So You Understand How Magento Asks Questions:
- Two simple products, and associate them to a configurable product
- Create one simple product, and add a custom option for a dropdown of “color”.
- Create a simple product and allow the customer email customer service for the color of their choice.
- There is no way to do this within Magento Enterprise stock functionality.
Find the Answer Here
Question 2: Within Magento Enterprise, what are the stock customer groups that come with the software?
- General, Retailer, Wholesale, NOT Logged in?
- Registered, Not Registered, Not Logged in, General
- VIP, General, Friends, Retailers
- Retailers, General, Friends & Family, Random
Find the Answer Here
If you are looking for the Magento Front-End Developer pass guide you can find it at The Ecomm Manager as well.
Have We Missed Anything?
Are there any questions we missed out on? Drop us a comment below and let us know and we can get it answered!
Other Related Articles:
- 10 Best Marketing Dashboards & SEO Reporting Tools
- Top 10 Ecommerce CRMs & How To Choose
- Email Marketing Best Practices From The Pros
- Ecommerce Manager Salary & Jobs Guide For 2020