This article will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best marketing dashboards and other SEO reporting tools.
These types of tools are useful for digital marketing agencies and marketing professionals who want to take advantage of all the data at their fingertips in order to visualize progress, track performance, quickly create digital marketing reports, and more.
In this post, I’ll share with you a few of the top marketing dashboards and what they can do for you. I’ll answer some FAQs about reporting software and provide a simple comparison between the top dashboard software on the market.
Quickly Compare & Evaluate The 10 Best Marketing Dashboards
Read on to discover the best marketing reporting tools that will help you understand your customers and analyze your campaigns.
The Best Marketing Dashboards List
Here’s a shortlist of the best marketing dashboards:
Here are a few of the most common questions I come across when people ask me about using dashboard tools for marketing:
What should a marketing dashboard include?
A marketing dashboard should include a summary of your traffic sources, some social media metrics, your click-through-rates (CTR) from email campaigns, and your bounce rates. It should present these metrics in a way that helps you understand your progress towards your monthly, quarterly, or yearly goals.
What is marketing dashboard software used for?
Dashboard software helps you manage and understand data from your marketing campaigns. You can use it to track KPIs, marketing metrics, and other key data, and you can manipulate the data through visualizations and charts to understand the data at a glance.
Marketing Dashboards Comparison Criteria
What are we looking for when we select marketing dashboards for review? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
User Interface (UI): Is it clean and attractive? Marketing dashboard software need to make complex data from multiple sources easy to visualize, so a user interface that displays dashboard metrics as cleanly as possible is best.
Usability: Is it easy to learn and master? In some cases, you’ll want your business dashboards to function as a client dashboard with charts and reports that are automatically generated. It’s really important that dashboard reporting tools are easy for anyone—not just marketing analytics folks—to understand.
Features & Functionality: In marketing dashboards, I look for these essential features:
Social dashboards: pull data from social media and social media tools to track performance of social campaigns. In some cases this isn’t an out-of-the-box feature in analytics dashboards, but it can be achieved through an integration.
Automated reports: aside from report building tools and marketing report templates, the best marketing analytics tools offer auto-generated marketing reports.
Integrations: Performance dashboards need to pull data from multiple sources—the more integrations the report dashboard can support, the better.
Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent and flexible?
The Ecomm Manager is reader-supported. When you click through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Learn more.
Overviews Of The Marketing Dashboards Software
Here’s a brief description of each of the marketing dashboards that are featured on this top 10 list.
1. Power BI for Office 365 – business analytics tool from Microsoft to analyze data and collaborate on customizable, shared dashboards.
2. Google Data Studio – free data analytics and visualization tool from Google with interactive dashboards and report-building tools.
3. Whatagraph – Report builder that integrates data from numerous sources to quickly build reports from ready-made report templates.
4. Mixpanel – Behavioral analytics tool to analyze website site user engagement, monitor KPIs, and easily generate reports.
5. Octoboard – software to collect and use business data with real-time dashboards and automated marketing reports.
6. Datapine – business intelligence software with an intuitive user interface to help you collect and visualize data from multiple sources
7. Zoho Analytics – business intelligence, reporting, and analytics software to quickly build beautiful dashboards and reports
8. TapClicks – marketing report tool (TapReports) and marketing performance analytics (TapAnalytics) with a clean, streamlined UI
9. ClicData – business intelligence platform offering data processing and management as well as data dashboards and automated reporting tools
10. Dundas – powerful, fully featured, and highly rated dashboard, reporting, and analytics tool
Other Marketing Dashboards Options
Here’s a few more that didn’t make the top list. If you need additional suggestions for handy marketing dashboards, check these out.