This article will help you quickly compare the best ecommerce email marketing software available on the market today.
Whether we are talking about established multinationals or startups, email marketing is an extremely effective marketing strategy. It makes it easy to communicate with both existing and potential customers, and ensures that you turn the former into repeat buyers and the latter into new customers.
However, for business owners, attempting to send out many emails to a contact list or email subscribers by hand is almost impossible. When retailers and online stores send emails by hand, they don’t have email automation features or possibilities for message customization at scale.
Within this context, there has been a proliferation of software that assists anyone with an ecommerce store or any other type of ecommerce business to distribute unlimited emails, including email newsletters.
Whether you are looking for new subscribers, or you have a massive list of contacts, there is no shortage of software on the market. Here’s a list of the best eCommerce email marketing software for 2022.
Here’s what I’ll cover:
- Ecommerce Email Marketing Software FAQs
- Comparison Criteria
- Software Key Features
- Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Overviews
Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Comparison Criteria
Here are the comparison criteria I used when selecting the best email marketing software. However, choosing an email marketing platform will depend on your specific needs.
1. User Interface (UI): Is it clean and attractive?
2. Usability and Reliability: Consider ease of use. Is it easy to learn and master? Does the company offer good tech support, user support, tutorials, and training?
3. Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations with digital marketing tools, or ecommerce tools like Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and others? Can you integrate the software with your WordPress website?
4. Automation: Does the software improve efficiency through email marketing automation?
5. Personalization: Improved customer relations management (CRM) depends on the ability to personalize communication. Does the software make it possible to deliver personalized email campaigns? How easily can the email templates be customized?
6. Data Management and Analytics: Will the software assist you in managing and analyzing data?
7. Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent, and flexible?
Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Key Features
Here are some key features you need to look out for when comparing email marketing tools:
- Consolidated Customer Relations: A Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) allows customers to have individual accounts to check their activity history. It also enables Customer Relation Managers to use customer information to upsell, cross-sell, and provide customer support.
- Integration with Ecommerce Websites: Ecommerce email software can be directly integrated with ecommerce websites. This integration helps with managing retail operations: advertising, sales, content management, order fulfillment, and finance.
- Website Builder: Ecommerce software can help users build an ecommerce website to integrate with their email marketing campaigns.
- Central Database: All information needed by email marketers must be stored and accessed from a central location. This information may include product information, accounting transactions, product listing, browsing histories, payment and shipping statuses, and customer data.
- Reporting: Good email marketing software should allow you to pull reports indicating how your campaigns are doing and see insights in real-time.
- Security: Secure software will protect client information, so look out for PCI and SSL certificates when looking for suitable ecommerce software to ensure that your customer email addresses and other details do not end up in the wrong hands.
- Social Media: Giving customers the ability to share products they purchased — or wish to purchase — directly on their favorite social media timeline from your ecommerce website, is crucial. Ensure that your ecommerce email marketing software is linked to your social media activities.
- Automation and Trigger: Sending personalized emails to users based on their transactions or the stage of the buying journey is a feature to look out for. It uses customer activity history data — browsing patterns and audience segment — to help determine user buying steps and the email customers receive at each stage automatically.
The Ecomm Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overview of the 7 Best Ecommerce Email Marketing Software
I have compiled the seven best ecommerce email marketing software you can choose from:
Omnisend is an SMS and email marketing software that offers features such as automation, segmentation that provides adequate data for targeting specific users for a campaign, active subscriber growth with pop-up forms, channel selection, and reporting.
Sendinblue offers email and SMS marketing, CRM, marketing automation, segmentation, and Facebook ads retargeting.
It promises an “impressive range of automation, wealth of auto-responders, and transactional email features.”
HubSpot comes with email marketing, forms, landing pages, contact management, live chat, integration with social media, and analytics on traffic and conversion.
It offers adaptive testing, blogging, automation, follow-up emails, retargeting campaigns, custom reporting, and landing page reporting.
MailChimp delivers features that have come to define the email marketing software space.
These features include segmentation, CRM, behavioral targeting, customer journey, marketing automation, transactional/trigger-based email, reports, A/B testing, surveys, and recommendations.
Salesforce is possibly the easiest ecommerce email marketing software to use, even for beginners.
It integrates well with CRM software, and offers flexibility for users by providing in-depth customization that is scalable to business growth.
Klaviyo prides itself on its integrations, reporting, and customer segmentation.
According to the developers of this software, it “helps growth-focused brands drive more sales with super-targeted, highly relevant email, Facebook, and Instagram marketing.”
Oracle Bronto offers integrations, automation, segmentation, and messaging personalization. It doesn’t integrate with many ecommerce platforms, but it can be integrated into CRMs.
It uses multiple channels (email, social media, and SMS) and includes customer segmentation features.
7 Best Ecommerce Email Marketing Software Summary
|$25/month for up to 10,000 emails||Visit Website|
|From $45/month/account||Visit Website|
Other Ecommerce Marketing Software
If the software options above still don’t meet your needs, here are a few other options you may want to look at:
- WooCommerce – Best for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress
- BigCommerce – Best eCommerce email marketing software for reliability
- Aweber – Best free eCommerce email marketing software
- Convertkit – Best for sharing ideas and connecting with an audience
- Campaign Monitor – Best for usability and ease of use
- GetResponse – Best for conversion funnels
- ActiveCampaign – Best eCommerce email marketing software for flexible pricing
What am I Missing?
Are there any excellent ecommerce email marketing software that I have missed? Looking for ecommerce trends to base your emails on? Here’s our article on 2022 Ecommerce Growth Trends.
Use the comments section to tell me about any tools you have used for your ecommerce email marketing.
If you’re looking for other marketing tools, I suggest you check out:
- Marketing Dashboards & SEO Reporting Tools
- Marketing Analytics Software
- Mobile Marketing Software
- MRM Software (Marketing Resource Management)
- Marketing Planning Software
For updates on articles like this tool overview and other eCommerce tips and strategies, subscribe to The Ecomm Manager newsletter.
Need expert help finding the right Email Marketing Software?
We’ve partnered with the software comparison portal Crozdesk.com to help you find the right solution. Crozdesk’s Email Marketing Software advisors can give you independent advice and shortlist software products that best fit your specific needs. Our partnership gives you free access to their tailored software selection advice and community negotiated discounts, taking the hassle out of the research process.
It takes just a minute to submit your requirements and they will give you a call at no cost or commitment. You’ll get custom product shortlists covering the top solutions that best fit your specific needs from their team of software experts (via phone or email) and they can even connect you to your choice of the selected vendors. To get started, please submit the form below:
Worth Checking Out: Everything You Need To Know About SMS Marketing