- 1. Contently — Data-driven content intelligence platform with audience journey mapping
- 2. Joomag — Digital publishing platform with interactive content creation, multi-channel distribution, performance tracking, and monetization.
- 3. HubSpot — Drag-and-drop landing pages and email templates, real-time SEO suggestions, social media promotion, and A/B testing help.
- 4. Ceros — Experiential content machine that doesn’t require coding to create products with interactions, animations, and embedded media.
- 5. DivvyHQ — Enterprise content marketing platform, creative network, and strategy services with accolades from Gartner Magic Quadrant.
- 6. Zerys — Blogging and video marketing solution with SEO research and a per-document cost system so you only pay for what you create.
- 7. Mintent — Content planning and workflow automation engine with team collaboration tools, project management, and social media analytics.
- 8. Stackla — AI-powered user-generated-content platform with digital out-of-home ads, click-through shoppables, and visual assets storage.
- 9. Percolate — Manage the operations of enterprise content marketing, from strategy and planning through development and execution.
- 10. ContentStudio — Content discovery, planning, publishing, and analytics tool with features like a Multi-Channel Composer and Automation Recipes.
This article will help you quickly compare and evaluate the best ecommerce content marketing platforms and other online marketing platforms.
Marketing is tough. Between “going viral,” navigating influencers, and simply promoting your content, there’s a lot going on. The digital landscape is always changing, and marketers suddenly need to become “experts” on so many different platforms and best practices. Luckily, there is software meant specifically to help lessen that burden. The below content marketing tools comparison is meant to help you figure out which is right for you.
In this post, I’ll provide a list of content marketing platforms that you can use for building your social media and search engine ranking material. I will also give brief summaries of the marketing management software so that you know what you are in for if you decide to buy it.
Ecommerce Content Marketing Tool Comparison Criteria
Here’s what I look for when I select content marketing systems for review.
- User Interface: Content marketing is fast-paced, so I want software with a clean interface where all the useful features are within reach.
- Usability: Content marketing teams have members from different backgrounds, so I look for software that anyone can easily master.
- Integrations: We work with other software like CRM, payroll, and auditing, so I look for software that works great with other business tools.
- Value for Pricing: We want to increase our revenues without exceeding our budget, so I am looking for software with many useful features but reasonable pricing.
- Content marketing automation: Automates the creation of content materials using AI.
- Idea generation: Tool for generating content ideas.
- Asset storage or generation: A hub for storing documents, images, videos, and content ideas.
- Editing suggestions: Suggestions to make copies tighter and more appealing to the target audience.
- Graphics creation: Helps you create graphics like images and videos to make your content more engaging.
- Multi-platform distribution: A tool to make your content suitable for publication on different platforms like blogs, landing pages, and social media accounts.
- Influencer targeting: A marketing strategy that leverages influencers to reach more customers.
- PR research/outreach: Research that studies the communications relationship between companies and customers.
- SEO/keyword help: Tool to identify keywords to help a content rank higher in search engines.
- Competitor analysis: Tool for gauging how competitors are doing and duplicating their best practices.
Knotch is a content marketing and audience intelligence platform used by companies like Amazon, Dropbox, Wells Fargo, Walmart, and Square. It’s designed to answer tough questions like: How long does it take for a customer to go from reading optimized content to converting to a sale or sign-up? It will also rank your content according to what items meet your goals the most.
Key features include event autocapture, site-wide journey tracking, full content attribution, automated Reporting, and code-free conversion tracking. As a bonus, they also offer content conversion consulting services. This means you always have somewhere to turn if you get stuck.
A good content marketer knows that marketing strategy starts with detailed business intelligence, and Knotch can help you with that.
Knotch integrates with whatever platform your content is hosted on, like WordPress, Squarespace or Shopify. It can also sync with Google data systems like Google Analytics and Google Data Studios.
Knotch offers customized pricing upon request and a free demo.
Joomag is a digital publishing solution with search engine optimization tools to help your marketing content rank higher through search engines. It has a library of more than 300 templates across 12 different content types, like catalogs, photo albums, newsletters, ebooks, and user manuals.
Joomag allows you to add videos and audio files to your content from your computer, Vimeo, or YouTube to make your content more engaging. It’s truly a content hub for all things marketing-related.
You can use Joomag’s engagement insights feature to see your views, session duration, and bounce rates. This content creation software has geographic insights features to learn where your readers are coming from and help you create targeted content.
Joomag also has a traffic insights feature to see the percentage of website traffic coming from referrals and direct visitors.
Joomag integrates with other content marketing tools like Google Drive, Insightly, Marketo, and Mailchimp.
Joomag pricing starts at $50/month/account and offers a demo
Hubspot is a cloud-based marketing platform to help you manage your sales and marketing channels in one place. You can do blogging, SEO optimization, ad tracking and management, social media management, video, and live chat through the same platform.
With Hubspot, you can build personalized, automated marketing campaigns that address different customer segments and then track successes and failures with built-in analytics and custom reporting. You can also post/schedule content to social media, design and host a blog, and do ad retargeting. You can further empower B2C and B2B content marketing by connecting with HubSpots other solutions for sales, CRM, and customer service.
You can connect Hubspot with other content marketing tools like Mailchimp, Google Ads, Canva, and Shopify.
Hubspot is free with some feature limitations.
Pricing starts at $45/month and comes with a free 30-day trial.
Ceros is a cloud-based software for designers and marketers. It has a dashboard for assessing KPIs and key marketing metrics. This content marketing software has roles and permissions to give you complete content management control.
Ceros also offers professional services if you want to hire outside professionals for content production. Ceros is the best content marketing platform if you want to keep customers engaged with interactive content.
Ceros lets you create quizzes and assessments for your website to help you learn more about your customers and leverage the data in your marketing strategy. Interactive content also gives customers a better digital experience which might help improve customer satisfaction and increase your NPS.
This is a great digital marketing platform for those looking to get experimental with multimedia or interactive types of online content.
Ceros provides pricing details and a demo upon request.
Contently is a marketing platform that connects you with thousands of writers, journalists, and content producers to help you with your content creation requirements. It has a content ideation feature to supply you with ideas for high-performing content. Contently also has an SEO Story Ideas feature to determine content ideas that are likely to rank high in search engine results.
Contently is the best content marketing platform if you want a professionally-crafted content strategy. Its StoryBook tool can help you identify the type of content your audience wants and how you can produce better content than your competition.
Contently has a white space analysis feature to help you fill out opportunities your competitors are missing. It also analyses the format, tone, and channel your target audience prefers to guide you in planning your content marketing strategy.
Every marketing campaign can benefit from additional blog, newsletter, or social media content that doesn’t rely on your internal team to do it all. Use Contently when you are ready to scale up!
Contently provides pricing details and a demo upon request.
Zerys is a content marketing platform with a focus on combining editorial strategy with sales initiatives.
Zerys connects you to professional writers for your content creation. It has a network of more than 85,000 professional writers to help you market with blogs, landing pages, product descriptions, and newsletters.
Zerys is perfect for eccommerce managers who would benefit from starting a blog for content marketing but just don’t have the time to do it all themselves. A blog can be used to target keywords your potential customers are searching online and draw them into your store.
You can build out marketing content that addresses comment problems your audience faces and explain how your products can help.
This can be great for inbound marketing efforts because you can tap into different subject matter experts that your audience will want to hear from.
Zerys pricing starts at $295/month/up to 4 blogs.
DivvyHQ is a workflow management tool designed specifically for content, marketing, and communications teams. They offer tools for all content development processes, including strategy development, ideation, planning, production workflow, and collaboration.
Their content calendar and task lists help keep everything moving smoothly. The content marketing calendar can help you visualize, organize, and communicate your editorial plan to your team. You can customize your content calendar to organize content by channel, business unit, topic, or geographical region.
They also have tools for content repurposing so that one item can be tweaked and used several times, even across different channels. Your marketing team will appreciate the task-oriented approach that DivvyHQ takes to planning and distribution.
DivvyHQ pricing starts at $39/month/user and offers a 14-day free trial.
Nosto is marketing software with a scheduling feature for creating marketing campaigns and launching them across various channels. It has a dashboard for monitoring the performance of your store and identifying marketing opportunities.
Nosto has a content personalization feature to give customers a unique ecommerce experience. You can use it to segment customers according to purchase history and behavior to guide your content marketing strategy.
Nosto lets you create personalized messaging to better address customers and give recommendations that align with their preferences. This marketing software also has an A/B testing feature for testing content variations to know which content is more appealing to target audiences. Content marketers will appreciate the user-generated content sources, as it can help them keep up with production by outsourcing work.
Nosto integrates with other content marketing tools like Remarkety and Facebook.
Nosto pricing is available upon request.
Seismic is a content management system that uses AI suggestions to focus your content creation efforts. It’s used by companies like Wayfair, American Express, and Blackbaud for service enablement, sales, and marketing. The marketing hub offers content distribution and governance, content audits, content automation, email and social integrations, and audience analytics.
Content assets are stored and approved right in the platform, so you can use and reuse items that are consistent with your brand voice across every channel. Once individual assets are approved, Seismic’s automation platform can arrange basic visuals, brochures, and posts for you. They offer in-depth customer analytics and make suggestions for what content to deploy at different stages of the buyer journey.
Seismic integrates with Microsoft platforms, Google platforms, Salesforce, Adobe, Box, Bynder, Facebook, Dropbox, Hubspot, Klue, and other apps.
Seismic doesn’t list pricing publicly on their website but you can sign up for a free demo and inquire about a quote.
ContentStudio is a social media management platform that has built-in competitor analytics so you can compete in an ever-changing marketplace of ideas. They also have features for content editing, content scheduling, proofing and approvals, and market research. You can flip through curated topic clusters to see what audiences care about online on any given day.
ContentStudio is the best content marketing software if you want to use content curation to boost your social media marketing. Marketers can use ContentStudio to gather and publish third-party trending content on their social media accounts. Trending articles and topics help start conversations among customers to increase website traffic and promote engagement.
ContentStudio integrates with other content production and marketing tools, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, and Flickr.
ContentStudio pricing starts at $25/month/1 workspace and they offer a free 14-day trial.
Need Expert Help Finding The Right Content Marketing Software?
We’ve joined up with Crozdesk.com to give all our readers (yes, you!) access to Crozdesk’s software advisors. Just use the form below to share your needs, and they will contact you at no cost or commitment. You will then be matched and connected to a shortlist of vendors that best fit your company, and you can access exclusive software discounts!
Data-driven content intelligence platform with audience journey mapping
Digital publishing platform with interactive content creation, multi-channel distribution, performance tracking, and monetization.
|From $50/month/account||Visit Website|
Drag-and-drop landing pages and email templates, real-time SEO suggestions, social media promotion, and A/B testing help.
14-day free trial + free plan available
|From $45/month||Visit Website|
Experiential content machine that doesn’t require coding to create products with interactions, animations, and embedded media.
Enterprise content marketing platform, creative network, and strategy services with accolades from Gartner Magic Quadrant.
Blogging and video marketing solution with SEO research and a per-document cost system so you only pay for what you create.
|From $295/mont||Visit Website|
Content planning and workflow automation engine with team collaboration tools, project management, and social media analytics.
14 days free trial
|From $39/month/user||Visit Website|
AI-powered user-generated-content platform with digital out-of-home ads, click-through shoppables, and visual assets storage.
Manage the operations of enterprise content marketing, from strategy and planning through development and execution.
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Content discovery, planning, publishing, and analytics tool with features like a Multi-Channel Composer and Automation Recipes.
Free 14-day trial
|From $25/month||Visit Website|
What Is A Content Marketing Platform?
Content marketing platforms (CMPs) are digital tools that help creators generate awareness and interest, sales leads, and ultimately revenue from their online content. There are vast numbers of CMPs to choose from with software focusing on writing, graphics, paid promotion, partner promotion, keywords and SEO, content distribution platforms, and more.
Prices of CMP vary depending on whether you are looking at a publishing tool, advertising dollars spent, partner/influencer deals, and so on. The length and complexity of the content may also change what you pay. For example, content optimization may cost around $75-$200 per item. Distribution and promotion may cost $75-150/hour. And your advertising budget will cost however much you are willing to spend.
Other Content Marketing Tools
Here are a few more that didn’t make the top list. If your content marketing agency needs additional suggestions for digital marketing platforms, check these out.
A few more content marketing platforms
Looking for a different digital content platform? Here are a few more options. Think of them as runners up. They’re great, even if not top 10, and they might be just what you’re looking for.
- Skyword - Create, distribute, and measure quality content.
- GrowthHackers Workflow - Plan, manage, collaborate, publish content.
- Uberfip - Create personalized content destinations.
- Bynder - Digital marketing asset management.
- Cronycle - Discover, curate, and collaborate on producing content.
Discover what to write about
These tools help pinpoint what is trending and how you can capitalize on popular events, keywords, names, and other happenings. Be in the loop—and then talk about it.
- UContent - Helps distribute relevant third-party content.
- BuzzSumo - Marketing AI to identify relevant influencers.
- Percolate - Systemize the marketing supply chain to create faster.
- SEMrush - An expert in SEO tools for your content.
- Ahrefs - Learn how to emulate competitors who rank high.
Plan your stories
Even the top content marketing platforms can’t help you if you are all out of ideas. Sometimes we just need a brainstorming session or a writing prompt to get us started. These tools will help.
- Portent’s Idea Generator - Enter a subject and get a snappy 4-part headline.
- Airtable - A spreadsheet-database for planning content.
- StoryChief - A collaboration tool for SEO blogs and social posts.
- Monday.com - A full project marketing suite for content creation.
Write your content
This content software is focused on taking your ideas and polishing them so that they are the best that they can be. Grammar, business, tone—no problem!
- vWriter.com - Plugin RSS feeds from content sites all over the web.
- Hemingway - Tighten up your writing with removal suggestions.
- Content Snare - Content workshops, video series, templates, and more.
- GatherContent - Unify content creation, workflow, and collaboration.
- ContentSnare - Collect content and files without email.
- Grammarly - Correct grammar, spelling, and readability with AI suggestions.
- Curata - Discover, curate, and share relevant content.
- Scoop - Research and publish the best content.
- Rockcontent - Solutions, talent network, and creative services.
Promote your content
Content won’t help you if nobody sees it. That’s why tools like these that specialize in promotion, sharing, and advertising are an important cog in your marketing machine.
- AgoraPulse - Schedule your content, get reports, and engage followers.
- CoSchedule - A family of Agile marketing products.
- HootSuite - Find, schedule, manage, and report on social media content.
- SocialBee - Automate your social media posting and find your best evergreen content.
- Later - Visually plan, schedule, and analyze posts for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Sprout Social - Uncover trends and actionable insights from social data.
- Falcon - Create paid and organic posts for all your social networks.
- Loomly - Provides you with optimization tips when you create your posts.
- Zoho Social - Schedule unlimited posts and create custom reports.
- Autopilot - -Marketing automation software made visual.
- Freshmarketer - Nurture your customer relationships with email marketing.
- Outbrain - Manage and monetize content by personalizing the editorial experience.
Outreach to get others to promote your content
Marketers: You’re not in this alone! There are other teams and individuals who would happily share or swap content to amplify your brand and theirs. These tools will help you network.
- ShareIt - Search and share the latest articles on any topic.
- Social Animal - Find and analyze top-performing content for any topic or competitor.
- NinjaOutreach - Filter through millions of influencers' insights for the right fit.
- Lemlist - Ready to use cold email templates with drag-and-drop.
- Pitchbox - Influencer outreach and content marketing platform.
- JustReachOut - Find the most relevant journalists and press opportunities.
- Muck Rack - Easily search for journalists and monitor news.
- One Pitch - Easy-to-use pitch templates for verified media contacts.
- Prowly - Find relevant journalists, tailored to your industry and location.
- Buzzstream - Research influencers, manage relationships, and conduct outreach.
Analytics to see how your content is performing
You’ve created, posted, shared, promoted your content. But how do you know if all of your efforts were successful? These analytics apps will help track traffic and revenue.
- YouScan - Analyze texts and visuals on social media.
- PathFactory - Create micro-personalized content journeys.
- Crazyegg - Improve what's working, fix what isn't, and test new ideas.
- Hotjar - Heatmaps, records, and conversion funnels.
- VWO - Discover insights, test ideas, and improve engagement.
- Serpworx - Over 31 SEO metrics with minimal menuing.
Other Ecommerce Marketing Software Reviews
Here are a few other lists of key ecommerce marketing software that you can consider for your overall marketing strategy.
- Ecommerce Marketing Tools
- Marketing Resource Management Software
- Ecommerce Email Marketing Software
- Marketing CRM Software
- Marketing Automation Software
- Marketing Attribution Software
What Do You Think About The Above Digital Marketing Software?
Have you tried out any content platforms listed above? Are there any content publishing platforms that you think we are missing from this list?
Do you use any automated content creation tools, or are you still working all hands-on? Are you looking for more comprehensive solutions? Check our list out of the 10 Best PIM Software.
Let me know in the comment section.
Also Worth Checking Out: How You Can Use Influencer Marketing To Boost Ecommerce Sales