Social media marketing software is a vital component of any marketer’s promotional armory. In today’s world, social media networks have a profound influence on how people think and act. So spreading the word on social media has become critical to business success.
But with so many platforms to communicate on, sharing content manually is a challenge. That’s why so many companies use software to help them spread the word. In this article, I’ll discuss my top picks in the world of social media marketing tools and show you what’s unique about each one.
What do I look for when I select the best social media marketing system? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
- User Interface (UI): I look for software with an intuitive, modern interface that works well on both desktop and mobile.
- Usability: I’m seeking tools that make core features easy to find and use.
- Integrations: I expect to see ready-made connections to popular online marketing and business software platforms.
- Value for $: I seek social media marketing systems that offer ‘bang for your buck’ to organizations large and small.
Social Media Marketing Tool: Key Features
Here are the main features I look for when evaluating social media marketing software:
- Scheduling & publishing: Social media marketing software should allow you to queue up multiple pieces of content for automated distribution on a schedule of your choice.
- Social listening & monitoring: The best tools keep you up to date with brand and product mentions across the web.
- Sentiment analysis: You should be informed about how your brand is perceived online.
- Keyword tracking: Your software must allow you to track important topics across social media platforms by keyword.
- Multi-channel management: It’s a given that your software should track activity across all the popular social media platforms.
- Multi-account management: If you use a different social media account for different brands, you need your social media marketing software to support this strategy.
- Campaign management: Your software should provide all the features you need to manage your campaigns effectively.
- Reporting & analytics: Any digital marketing software must provide detailed insights into how your campaigns perform.
- Collaboration tools: Members of your social media team should be able to work together efficiently to get the best results.
- Smart posting: Good software will help you determine the best time to schedule posts in various regions and countries.
The Ecomm Manager is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
Overviews Of The 10 Best Social Media Marketing Software
Here’s a brief description of each social media marketing app to showcase each tool’s best use case, some noteworthy features, and screenshots to give a snapshot of the user interface.
Loomly is a cloud-based marketing solution that helps businesses manage content on their social media platforms. Core features include automated publishing, post scheduling, keyword filtering, and multi-account management. The software provides users with a master calendar that helps them manage multiple social media calendars, post overviews, and calendar views.
They can also store, access, and share various content types in their libraries. These types include photos, videos, notes, links, and post templates. Loomly includes an analytics engine that helps users measure their posts' performance.
This tool integrates with platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Loomly costs from $26/user/month. A 15-day free trial is available.
AgoraPulse is a cloud-based social media marketing tool that helps you manage social influencers, social profiles, and social analytics. Thanks to the social inbox feature, you can combine social media interactions across all platforms in a single, unified mailbox.
The software pulls and sifts through interactions to identify key influencers and ambassadors. In addition, the competitor analysis module allows users to track competitors' social media performance.
AgoraPulse offers social media reporting and analysis, so you can track performance metrics such as followers, awareness, and engagement. The software also monitors replies, impressions, and clicks.
This tool integrates with social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
AgoraPulse costs from $79/user/month. A 30-day free trial is available.
HubSpot social media software provides time-saving tools to help you make the most of your social media interactions. It allows you to spend less time monitoring social media and more time nurturing relationships.
You can run all your social media campaigns from one location, using HubSpot to publish content, monitor keywords, and link interactions back to your CRM. The software suggests the best time to publish, so you can schedule content for optimal times.
You can also monitor social mentions, surface critical interactions, and trigger email alerts to sales when prospects mention a specific keyword. The system also includes out-of-the-box social reports that compare performance on different platforms, campaigns, and publishing times.
This social media tool integrates with business tools such as Slack, Dropbox, Stripe, Shopify, and Calendly.
HubSpot costs from $45/user/month. A 14-day free trial is available.
SharpSpring automates buyers' journeys and provides one platform to support the entire customer lifecycle. You get everything you need to grow in a single tech stack.
The software helps you manage all your social media from one place and post across all social channels. You can track mentions and follow up with relevant content as leads engage.
As social media leads enter the marketing funnel, you can inspire action by sending relevant content to their inbox. The built-in messaging and inline task-automation features save time and reduce missed follow-ups.
This tool integrates with applications such as TradeGecko, StoryChief, 123FormBuilder, and WebMerge.
SharpSpring costs from $445/user/month. A free demo is available on request.
Brandwatch is a social media listening solution that scans the web for reviews, articles, and conversations. It separates data into categories, analyzes it, and sends emails.
The software also includes a data visualization platform for displaying social and marketing insights. It allows users to create and customize visuals or combine various data sources.
Thanks to the audience module, users can find and target audiences based on their profession, demographics, interests, location, or social interactions. They can also manage channels, teams, workflows, approvals, and campaigns.
This tool integrates with platforms such as Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Brandwatch offers customized pricing on request.
Buffer is a popular social media management platform that helps businesses publish content, engage clients, and analyze social media performance. It can post content to a wide range of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
You can customize every social media post for each platform, then schedule content to be sent out at predetermined times. Using the Buffer chrome extension, you can share and create social media posts from anywhere.
The software includes advanced analytics for tracking social media performance on a weekly or monthly basis. You can also export analytics data to do further calculations or create reports.
Buffer also provides advanced analytics to track social media performance and see weekly or monthly results. Analytics data can also be exported to do further calculations or to create reports.
This tool integrates with software tools such as Canva, WordPress, Feedly, and Pocket.
Buffer costs from $5/user/month. A 14-day free trial is available.
Sprout Social is a social media management tool that assists organizations in managing their audience interactions and social marketing routines. Core features include automated publishing, social content management, conversation tracking, and social media analytics. The software combines social media interactions from different platforms.
These are combined into tasks and assigned to specific people for further action. Sprout Social's social media publishing functionality automates the process of scheduling social media content and managing content approval. Using the built-in reporting and analytics functionalities, users can monitor social media performance across various platforms.
This tool integrates with major business software systems such as Slack, Dropbox, Shopify, and Google Analytics.
Sprout Social costs from $89/user/month. A free 30-day trial is available.
Hootsuite is a cloud-based social media management solution that helps businesses carry out campaigns across multiple social networks. Using this tool, you can manage organic and paid social content, keep track of customer conversations, and gain real-time insights from social media.
The software assigns tasks, manages approvals, and monitors team performance. It also monitors brand mentions, follows industry topics, and tracks competitors.
In addition, Hootsuite streamlines how you deliver customer care by routing messages coming in from social media to the right people. It also provides a better understanding of customer needs through detailed analytics.
This tool integrates with popular business software such as WordPress, Canva, HubSpot, and ZenDesk.
Hootsuite costs from $49/user/month. A 30-day free trial is available.
Sprinklr is a cloud-based marketing platform that can help you with social media management, content marketing, paid advertising, and website management. It allows you to post messages on Facebook profiles, place reviews on websites, or tweet about your brand.
Features include social media automation and social media campaign management, including collaboration on design, launching, and reporting. Sprinklr turns AI-powered listening into a competitive advantage, giving you a better understanding of feedback on your products and services.
The software also helps you turn the real-time voice of the customer into actionable insights. You can also collect valuable data on current events, trends, and brand issues, to facilitate proactive responses.
This tool integrates with popular tools such as Adobe Experience Manager, AppsFlyer, Arabot, and Bazaarvoice.
Sprinklr offers customized pricing on request.
Emplifi is an end-to-end social media marketing tool for multi-channel campaign management. You can set up marketing efforts in a simple drag-and-drop calendar, collaborate on and annotate docs, and access a unified inbox for customer support. You can tap into pre-built or start-from-scratch analytics dashboards to track social marketing KPIs.
Emplifi costs from $200/month (10 users) and comes with a free trial.
The 10 Best Social Media Marketing Software Summary
15-day free trial
|From $26/user/month||Visit Website|
30-day free trial
|From $79/user/month||Visit Website|
14-day free trial + freemium version available
|From $45/month||Visit Website|
|From $445/user/month||Visit Website|
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
14 days free trial
|From $5/user/month||Visit Website|
30-day free trial
|From $89/user/month||Visit Website|
30-day free trial
|From $49/user/month||Visit Website|
|Pricing upon request||Visit Website|
Offer a free trial
|From $200/month (10 users)||Visit Website|
Here are a few more ecommerce marketing software that didn’t make the top list.
- Emplifi Social Marketing Cloud - Scalable social media marketing cloud
- Click Analytic - Connects you with top social media influencers and creators
- ThumbStopper - Helps brands amplify content through their retailers’ social media presence
- Kontentino - Create, schedule, and publish social media content
- Facelift Cloud - Social media engagement platform with detailed analytics
- Hypefury - Helps you grow and monetize your Twitter audience
- Appusocial - Share your brand’s story on social media
- Audiense - Advanced segmentation to optimize social media reach
- Constant Contact - Email marketing platform with social media capabilities
- Thryv - Marketing management software for small businesses
- RecurPost - Distribute evergreen content effectively
- Later - Turn social media bios into mini web pages
- Sked Social - Cross-post Instagram content to other platforms
- MeetEdgar - Social media calendar and content curator
- Sendible - For managing social media at scale
- SocialPilot - Social media marketing software with a white-label option
What do you think about this list?
With over 3.5 billion monthly active users worldwide, social media is simply too big to ignore. The fact is that social media marketing works. According to 90% of marketers, social media marketing has increased their business exposure.
That’s why it’s a good idea to subscribe to the Ecomm Manager newsletter. We’ll keep you up to date with what’s happening in digital marketing, as well as what’s working for ecommerce business owners today.
The world of ecommerce marketing is always fascinating and constantly changing, so stay tuned for more helpful articles on how to grow your online store.