My goal for this post is to help you quickly compare the best SEO reporting software and other report dashboards.
First, what is search engine optimization (SEO)?
SEO is a way to make sure that your online property shows up as near to the top of a search engine (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo) when someone searches for your target keywords—typically, keywords that relate to your product, expertise, or theme. Google tends to attract the majority on desktop search traffic, accounting for 75% globally in 2019, but you should consider other sources as well.
SEO reports for clients or c-suites are important because it can display tangible proof that you are making progress when it comes to building your reputation and drawing attention to yourselves. For example, it’s important to track links you’ve earned so that you know that you are being pointed to as an authoritative source on a particular subject.
In this post, I’ll highlight a few of the best SEO report template tools that can help you navigate marketing reporting dashboard systems so that you have the best data at your fingertips. I will also answer some FAQs about the best reporting tools on the market and provide a simple comparison of some of my favorites.
Quickly Compare & Evaluate The 10 Best SEO Report Software
Dashboard analytics helps you organize and sort your data in a way that looks good and makes sense. SEO report templates speed that whole process up by taking repetitive administrative and technical off your plate.
Have a few questions about SEO reporting tools and software? Start here:
What is an SEO reporting tool?
A Search Engine Optimization (SEO) reporting tool is a digital system that reports on any factor that helps your website rank high with search engines like Google and Bing. It might track metrics like keyword usage, URL compliance, link clicks, and more.
Are there any free dashboard tools?
If you can’t afford to pay, there are some free dashboard tools you can use for SEO tracking: Woorank’s SEO & Website Analysis Tool, CanIRank, Seed Keywords, and the free version of SEMRush.
How do I build a marketing dashboard?
You can build a marketing dashboard with two steps: (1) Decide what metrics are the most important for you to follow, whether it’s conversion rate, social followers, or what-have-you; then, (2) Modify your existing SEO/marketing dashboard to include data for the items you are interested in tracking.
What is the Google Analytics dashboard for?
The Google dashboard is a Google-hosted platform for tracking website-based metrics like session duration, pages per session, bounce rate, source of the traffic, and so on.
SEO Reports Software Comparison Criteria
What are we looking for when we select SEO agency tools for review? Here’s a summary of my evaluation criteria:
User Interface (UI): Is it clean and attractive?
Usability: Is it easy to learn and master? Does the company offer good tech support, user support, tutorials, and training?
Features & Functionality:
Automated reports – Are reports updated in real-time and ready-to-distribute with the click of a button? Are the reports customizable, intuitive, and clean?
Drag-and-drop data visualizations – Can you adjust the way dashboards and reports look with easy, drag-and-drop functionality?
Rank Tracking – Can you easily and thoroughly track how you rank with SEO indicators when compared to industry standards, general averages, and your competitors?
Data Sources – Is it easy to include and pull data from a variety of data sources? Are the most popular sources built-in and ready to track? Are there any notable omissions?
Integrations: Is it easy to connect with other tools? Any pre-built integrations?
Value for $: How appropriate is the price for the features, capabilities, and use case? Is pricing clear, transparent and flexible?
The Ecomm Manager is reader-supported. When you click through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Overviews Of The 10 Best SEO Dashboard Software
What is the best SEO reporting tool? Here’s a brief description of the SEO agency software that is featured on this top 10 list.
1. Google Data Studio – Part of Google Marketing Platform, Google Data Studio tracks your website traffic, bounce rate, duration on the page, etc.
2. Geckoboard – A TV dashboard that you can tailor to your team and that allows you to pull in your metrics from 60+ code-free integrations.
3. Whatagraph – Build a single report to see the performance of all your marketing channels and automated them as needed, be it daily or yearly.
4. Octoboard – A 100% self-service SEO agency platform that lets you collect, automatically update, and visualize data for over 5000 businesses.
5. Zoho Analytics – A self-service BI and data analytics software that helps you track your key business metrics, see longtime trends and identify outliers.
6. Tapclicks – Integrate more than 200 different data sources, including spreadsheets, legacy and proprietary system data, and social data.
7. Botify – Unified suite of applications that merge technical SEO, content, and real-time web rankings to harness keywords and CTR.
8. Klipfolio – Supports more than 400 individual metrics and visualizations for hundreds of data sources, including spreadsheets, web services, and databases.
9. Dashthis – An automated marketing reporting tool that pulls data from all relevant sources and sorts it in a single customizable dashboard.
10. Salient – A dashboards and analytics platform designed to connect to all your business intelligence data and drive informed decision-making.
Other Options for SEO Report Tools
Here’s a few more SEO ranking report software that didn’t make the top list. If you need additional suggestions for a handy online SEO report, check these out.
Supermetrics – An automation tool for PPC, SEO, social and web analytics with over 400,000 users.
AgencyAnalytics – SEO, PPC, social, email, review and call tracking dashboards built for marketing agencies.
SEO Site Checkup – Automatically keep track of weekly changes in more than 30 SEO variables with notifications and reports.
Woorank – An SEO checker and SEO audit tool to track and connect your marketing data.
Raven – White label SEO reports and an SEO tool platform for agencies, freelancers, and in-house marketers.
SEMrush – A complete workflow for SEO professionals with marketing insights and competitors’ strategy overviews.
Moz – rack performance of thousands of your traffic-driving keywords across 170+ search engines.
Sistrix – Visibility index, competition, and opportunity analysis and historical data through professional-focused modules.
Ahrefs – See the exact keywords for which your competitors rank in organic search and the amount of traffic driven by each.
What Do You Think About These Tools?
Have you tried out any search engine ranking report software listed above? Do you rely on a particular SEO strategy template or vary your approach to SEO analysis reports?
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.